6/30/12

Mrs. Bradley Makes it to Washington!

Day one at the NEA conference. My family and I got into Washington DC around 9:45 last night right before the storm hit. My whole family snuggled in the king sized bed watching the rain and lightening. It was sweet.

 I got up early this morning for a new delegate meeting held by my state. I learned all about the different subcommittees, budget, social, new business, resolutions, and NEA procedures. Immediately after we had our first state Caucasus. It was interesting but not too much business to discuss. As the meeting was about to adjourn there were several other caucaus looking for members. Did you know there is a Jewish caucaus an Italian American caucaus you name it there is probably a caucaus for it. I think I should start a kindergarten caucus!!

 Next I headed over to the convention center to officially register for the RA. They also have a big expo so I got to walk around there for a few hours. I was excited to see the exhibits but longed for more. I think there should be a Teaching Blog Addict booth or even a Teachers Pay Teachers booth. That would have really made my day.

 Tomorrow I have an early wake up call. So I had better settle down!  I just thought I would share my journey with you!

Here are a few pictures of my day!

I didn't get to go visit Lincoln yet, but Joe (my husband) took the girl.

Maggie at the Korean Memorial.

Erin at the Air and Space Museum.

At the Air and Space Museum.

I look horrible here, but after my meetings this is where I wanted to visit. 
It is just so pretty.

Back in the hotel lobby!  

1 comment:

Erica said...

How fun!!!

Erica
Sprinkles to Kindergarten
erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com