1/23/12

Gung hay fat choy

Happy Chinese New Year!

 Today I read the story:  Celebrating Chinese New Year: Nick's New Year.

This was an excellent book to discuss what the tradition of the Chinese are for the new year.

Like:

They wear red for good luck.
They give red envelopes of money to each other.
They clean their house to get rid of the bad luck, before the new year.
The celebration last for 15 days!

Then we made oh so cute little dragon heads.  We did a dragon dance around the classroom and up and down the hallway saying Gung Hay Fat Choy... which means Happy New Year.

Here is a link to where I found the dragon head.  I just drew a circle around it so it would be easier for them to cut it.  Dragon Head

This year I have quite a few kiddies who do not have fun using their imagination... so I was kept having to tell them to play with us.. so funny how kids are like that!

But here is a cute slideshow of their dragon heads!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow generated with Smilebox

Tomorrow, I am going to review the book and do one more lesson!  Hopefully, they will enjoy that as well.  I will post about it tomorrow!

No comments: