1/25/12

Chinese New Year- kinda part III

Today we had an early release day so our half day was even less time!  But I managed to fit in a fun Chinese New Year lesson.  We discussed the Chinese New Year (one more time!) and then we did a game called Pass the Stuff.  Since they use chopsticks I pulled out my clothes pins and a pile of stuff.  I had students hold the clothes pin and we had to grab the stuff and pass it around the circle.  They did a really good job and were very disappointed when the stuff ran out.  This was an excellent fine motor lesson since they crossed the mid-line and do a hard open and close with the clothes pin.  I wish I would have had real chopsticks that were made into kid usable ones, but I didn't.  Maybe next year! 

Here are a few pictures of the cute activity:



No comments: