9/29/11

I created a beast!

So I work in a district that has a VERY strict food policy.  No food, no parties, nothing!  Well okay that isn't exactly true.  I can use food in my room but I have to fill out a form and explain how this food is educational, how does it apply to the curriculum.

This is sometimes a good thing but it makes birthdays, well a little challenge.  I remember the good ol' days when I would give a kid a cookie and we'd all have cookies for snack and have a little birthday celebration together.

So, this year I've decided to make birthday special by having each child make a birthday story.  So I model what I might "give" my friend and draw it on the paper.


Each students makes one page, then I bind them together and present them with a special birthday book.  Ahhh it sounds so sweet doesn't it?  It is, really, it turns out so cute.  BUT... this past week we had 3 birthdays!  That is a lot of time (which I can barely spare) for this project.



I've created a beast!  Of course, I have to keep doing it.  If I didn't all the kids would wonder where their special book is?

Seriously, how can your resist a smile like that?

How do I manage this?  I could use some serious advice!

1 comment:

Mrs. S. said...

I do the same thing and it does get to be a bit much. I just have to stay late one day each week to finish everything. It helps that I have a friend who stays late with me and we work together to tackle all our projects! Blessings to you,


Melly<><

Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!