4/6/12

My Teddy Bear Picnic and Spring Break

So this week was parent conference week and I also needed to do a non-fiction text talk.  So I picked bears so we could have BEAR WEEK!  So to wrap up the week, we had a special Teddy Bear Picnic.



We measured bears using crayons, paperclips, and cubes.  


The weather was just right for a outside snack!

We even made teddy bear ears, that kinda looked a little like bunny ears.

I was really a lot of fun.  I was surprised that they really knew a lot about bears. Which was good but during my text talk, they are suppose to tell me what the author wants to tell us, and one student kept raising his hand to tell me about the facts he knew about bears.  I kept saying, where does it say that in this book?  It was HILARIOUS.

Speaking of hilarious, I got called for jury duty on Thursday and am now on jury duty for my Spring Break  Seriously, this isn't a joke!

5 comments:

Miss Trayers said...

Very cute-looks like the kiddos had a blast! Sorry about jury duty on Spring Break--that really should be against the law!

NotJustChild'sPlay

Stacey said...

I have an award for you, come over to my blog to get it! :) I am also having a giveaway for a Target gift card that you can enter. So please stop by. :)

3rd Grade Times

Jessica said...

I am your newest follower. Come visit me at...

learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

Jessica

Tabby said...

Cute! Sooo cuuute! My kids would definitely enjoy activities like those. @Stacey, would I be lucky to get a Target gift card, too? :)

teddy bears said...

You have a lovely blog, I have really enjoyed it.