I started the week off with a math journal topic, I see 3 dragonflies and 4 butterflies. How many insects did I see?
They weren't sure how to draw the bugs so this was my models:
The students did a great job!
Next we read the non-fiction text by Deanna Jump about insects. We learned:
- insects have 3 body parts, head, thorax, and abdomen
- the antenna helps them smell and feel
- they have 6 legs
- not all insects have wings, but most do
- they have compound eyes, so they see things differently
- insects have an exoskeleton
Next we invented a bug! Here is mine.
I go the Build a Bug from Deanna Jump's Insect Unit.
We really enjoyed our learning!